In 1929, the Prime Minister of Greece, Eleftherios Venizelos, gave permission for the piece of land in Nea Filadelfia to be granded to AEK for its stadium, which stood there until 2003.
It wasn´t long after acquiring the club´s own stadium when AEK begun the cource of success.
Three years later, the season 1931-1932, AEK won the first Cup beating Aris with 5-3 in the final. Kostas Negrepontis (a veteran), who was the club’s star, had also played in the Greek club of Constantinople Pera Club (which was actually the ‘ancestor’ of AEK) during the 1st and 2nd decade of the century. Maropoulos, Delavinias, Ribas, Sklavounos, Manetas, Tzanetis, Mageiras, Hatzistavridis and other exceptional footballers seemed capable of predominating Greek football.
They made their way to the ‘double’ in 1939 (the first one in Greece) and became champions again in 1940 with Kostas Negrepontis guiding them, as the coach this time. The team’s course was stopped unexpectingly due to the World War II.
The first post-war titles